WordPress Maintenance by JCG Web Services
Frequently Asked Question: Do I need to maintain my site/blog every month?
The answer is a resounding YES!
Any CMS (Content Management System) based website is vulnerable to hacker attacks. Keeping your WordPress website core, plugins, and themes up-to-date will prevent your website from being vulnerable to malware infections and outside attacks.
WordPress releases an update an average of every 2 months to fix bugs and a variety of security issues. Updates also add new features and functionality that can improve the overall design and performance of your site.
At JCG Web Services, we provide comprehensive WordPress maintenance services to ensure that your website remains secure, stable, and performs at the highest level possible. Our maintenance service includes:
- Plugin Updates: We update Plugins several times a month to ensure that your website remains compatible with WordPress.
- Unnecessary Plugin Deletion: We delete unused plugins to prevent plugin conflicts, which can cause a poor experience for your visitors, or worse, bring your site down entirely.
- Plugin Conflict Monitoring: We monitor plugin conflicts to ensure that updates go smoothly and prevent malfunctions that could impact your website.
- Security Issue Monitoring: We monitor security issues to prevent possible security breaches when updates are installed.
- WordPress Core Updates: We update your WP version as soon as it is available to ensure that your website remains stable and secure. Using an outdated WordPress version can make your site less secure, and impact your search engine rankings.
- Theme Updates: We update your Theme to ensure that your site looks and acts the way it should. Using an out-of-date theme limits the function, security, and form of your web presence.
- Site Speed Optimization: We keep an eye on your site’s speed because any change in your site could make it slower! Studies have shown that site-loading speeds of more than 2 seconds usually result in about 47 percent of visitors bouncing off the website. We optimize your site’s speed to improve your position in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages).
Note that the hosting of your WordPress website is a major factor that influences the speed of your site. We recommend SiteGround for hosting new websites or you can take advantage or our Private Hosting.
- User Account Management: We manage user accounts to prevent unauthorized access to your website.
- Monthly Site Backups: We backup your site once a month to ensure that your data is safe in case of a data loss.
- Comment Management: If necessary, we manage comments on your site to prevent spam and ensure a good user experience.
Contact us at JCG Web Services for any questions you may have about WordPress maintenance, or to schedule a consultation to discuss your website’s specific needs.